TV and ME

Recaps, commentary, highlights of your pop culture favourites and mine! Email me: timmybopper@yahoo.com





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Comments-[ comments.]
Thursday, June 30, 2005
 
A serious post for a change:

I was sent to PETA's site today to check out a link and what I saw sincerely disturbed me. PETA released footage today of rabbits being killed in the most inhumane ways simply because clothing companies were after their fur. And it was disgusting. And incredibly sad. And 15 seconds into the video I had to look away.

I'm all for being fashion-forward and starting new trends in what we wear, but really, to kill an animal just to put their fur on your jacket? It's more than cruel. It also sounds - and feels - just a little gross doesn't it? It's one thing to offer a friend the shirt off your back, but what if the shirt you were wearing came from fur that was skinned off the back of an animal?

I encourage you all to check out the link and then read up on PETA and organizations like PETA that are vowing to bring incidents like this one to light. I think something like this just needs some attention to shed light on these inhumane practises, so go and educate yourself and then go and educate someone else.


Comments: Post a Comment