TV and ME

Recaps, commentary, highlights of your pop culture favourites and mine! Email me: timmybopper@yahoo.com





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Comments-[ comments.]
Saturday, October 16, 2004
 
Britney Spears has been getting a lot of flak lately from fans, critics, the media... this blog... But I'm glad to know that she's still got some sanity in her and that she seems to taking everything thrown at her with a grain of salt. She wrote a letter to her fans last night and you can read it HERE.

People on the message boards have been quick to dismiss the letter as lame, too short, a cheap publicity stunt with bad grammar, stupid sayings, etc. But I honestly think it's a really good letter - personal, funny and sweet; the three things we love about Britney. I guess people will immediately make fun of anything Britney does nowadays, but I just wanna say that this letter was a good first step for Britney to re-connect with her fans and for her to fill us in on what's been up with her these past few months. Besides, what did people expect? A full-length essay on her prerogative? Pleeease. The letter seemed natural and not forced, which is a big deal when you're Britney Spears. It seemed genuine and casual, like a note she'd write to her friends. Without overanalyzing a pop star's two paragraphs, I just want to say that everyone expects everything Brit Brit does to be perfect and to meet THEIR standards and expectations. We forget that it's HER life, y'know?

[As a sidenote, this letter was apparently 'spose to be posted on her Fan Club's website first, which meant people would have to pay to read it. Lots of people spoke out against this and Britney decided to put it up on her free, personal website which I think is a much better idea! But now people are complaining that they paid $25 to join the fan club only to have the letter posted for free... oi vai... Quit the whining! Who DOES that? Paying $25 to read a two paragraph letter? If there's anyone these "fans" should be mad at, it's themselves... just my 2cents]



Comments: Post a Comment