TV and ME

Recaps, commentary, highlights of your pop culture favourites and mine! Email me: timmybopper@yahoo.com





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Comments-[ comments.]
Sunday, February 15, 2004
 
I can't even describe how INCREDIBLE Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is! Whereas the regular Extreme Makeover is all about faking it (read: plastic surgery procedures), the home edition is all about real life, real emotions and real people. Tonight they re-made the house of a family who's father was in Iraq, leaving the mother to care for 3 active young boys. They surprised them with a totally new house complete with a castle-themed bedroom, car wash showers, open concept kitchen and a mini baseball diamond in the backyard. Then Tommy Lasorda and Shawn Green from the Dodgers came over! (I have a great "encounter"/stalking story about my best friend Emily and Shawn Green back when he was playing for the Blue Jays, but I'll save that for another day...) Oh they also had a completely new front yard, finished garage, the works! Anyway, to top off the surprise, the dad came back from Iraq! At the end, the kids said it best: "The house was really nice, but above all, my favourite part of this was when I got to see my dad again." Sniff, sniff. Talk about a tear-jerker! I'm not even kidding you, my dad has GOT to give up the preaching and go to Iraq! That, coupled with my sick and ailing grandparents would DEFINITELY get me on the show! =p


Comments: Post a Comment