TV and ME |
|
|
|
Comments-[ comments.]
Tuesday, May 13, 2003
April 1/03 You know you're obsessed when... So I watch American Idol. I've watched both seasons of it pretty religiously. I'm even writing my "TV and Society" paper on it and how "Through the candid comments of its judges and the exploitative and sardonic portrayal of amateur audition singers, American Idol successfully dispels the long-running mythical ideal that if one follows his or her dream, the dream will come true." But I think it's beginning to get to me: This morning I lay in bed and thought about driving across the Montreal-Vermont border just so I could experience the "thrill" of calling in and voting for one of the contestants. (You can only vote if you're in the U.S.) Anyone wanna join me on the road trip? Oh and my paper's due tomorrow but I've only got like 3 pages done. I have to finish it tonight but American Idol is on... Wouldn't it be ironic if I couldn't finish my American Idol paper because I was watching American Idol? [Oh as a sidenote, contestant Corey Clark was kicked off the show yesterday after reports of an abuse charge/arrest surfaced. Good! I never liked him anyway! Then again, I don't really like any of this year's contestants... Not obsessed!!!]
Comments:
Post a Comment
|